When you think of the 80s, what comes in your mind? Big hair? Bright colors? Leg warmers? If you’re going to attend a 80s party, then you’ll want to make sure you look the part! To women, there are a few key looks that will help you to stand out at an 80s party. You’re going for sexy or sweet, we’ve got some great ideas for you. So break out your leg warmers and your neon clothes, and get ready to have a blast at your next 80s party!
Image Credit: Depositphotos
What is a typical 80s outfit?
Assuming you want an 80s outfit for a woman:
We recommend starting with a blazer featuring shoulder pads, paired with acid-wash jeans, a bodysuit, and high-top Reeboks. To go the extra mile, consider adding big earrings and a headband to complete the look.
What to wear to an 80s Party black female?
When preparing for 80s-themed parties, there are essential wardrobe staples that every black woman should possess. At the forefront, high-waisted denim jeans are a must. Whether it's vintage Levi's or any other brand, the key is the high-waisted style. Combine these jeans with a crop top or tank top in a vibrant and striking color to complete the iconic 80s look.Think neon pink, lime green, or electric blue. To complete the look, add a pair of chunky hoop earrings and some platform shoes.
Cute 80s outfits
Finding adorable 80s outfits for women can be a challenge, but fret not, as we've got you covered! Here are some fantastic choices to elevate your style at your next 80s party:
1. Brightly colored dress. Think neon hues and bold prints that will most suit on you.
2. A pair of high-waisted jeans or shorts. Add a cropped top or bustier to complete the look.
3. Different types of denim jacket or vest. Pair it with a mini skirt or leggings for an easy, casual outfit.
4. Mesh top or crop top. Dress it up with a Tutu skirt or go super casual with distressed jeans or shorts.
5. Leg warmers and a headband. This is a great option if you want to show off your dance moves!
80s theme Party
As an party is all about celebrating life and having fun, it is important you to choose an outfit that will make you feel comfortable and confident. It can be a great option for an s party is a playful and sexy dress where you can grab attention towards your coolest 80's dress. Show off your curves in a fitted dress or go for a more relaxed look with a flowing maxi dress. If you want to really stand out, try a bold print or bright color. And don't forget to carry your accessories! Sparkly jewelry, fun shoes, and a festive clutch will complete your look and help you get into the party spirit.
DIY 80s Costume
When it comes to 80s attire, the possibilities are endless! Whether you desire to emulate the style of Madonna or Michael Jackson or opt for a more distinctive choice like an iconic 80s movie character, you'll find numerous ways to make a statement and stand out at your next 80s-themed party.
To help you get started on your own DIY 80s costume, we’ve put together a few tips and ideas below. With a little bit of creativity, you’ll be sure to come up with a costume that will have everyone at the party checking you out!
One popular 80s trend was big hair. If you want to achieve this look, start by teasing your hair at the roots and spraying it with plenty of hairspray. For an even bigger impact, consider adding some colorful clips or other fun hair accessories.
Another way to really capture the 80s spirit is by wearing bright and bold makeup. Think neon eyeshadow and bright lipstick. If you’re not sure how to apply these looks, there are plenty of YouTube tutorials that can show you how.
Of course, no 80s costume would be complete without the right clothing. Oversized shirts, tight acid-wash jeans, and leggings worn under dresses were all popular fashion trends in the 80s. To really make your outfit pop, don’t forget about statement jewelry and accessories. Big earrings and cuff bracelets.
80s Rock Fashion
The was a time of big hair, shoulder pads, and flashy clothes. If you're looking to channel your inner 80s diva, here are some tips on what to wear to an 80s party.
For women, the 80s were all about power dressing. Think shoulder pads, blazers, and tight skirts. To really stand out, go for bright colors and bold patterns. And don't forget the accessories! Big earrings, statement necklaces, and lots of bracelets are a must.
For shoes, it's all about heels. Go for a pair of over-the-top stilettos or chic pumps. You want to get really 80s, try a pair of leg warmers with your favorite flats.
When it comes to hair, the bigger the better! tease your hair into a big bouffant or wear it in cascading curls. And don't forget the makeup! Go for bright eyeshadow and dark lipstick for a truly dramatic look.
Sassy And Chic 80s Party Costume
When it comes to 80s party costume ideas for women, you can't go wrong with a sassy and chic look. Think big hair, bold makeup, and flashy clothes. For a truly attention-grabbing presence, opt for an extravagant outfit that sets you apart. Here are some fantastic 80s party costume ideas to kickstart your creativity:
• Flashdance Costume: This iconic look from the movie Flash-dance is perfect for an 80s party. Wear a cropped white tank top with leg warmers and high-waisted leggings or bike shorts. Add some 1980s-style jewelry and big hair for the ultimate Flash-dance costume.
• Madonna Costume: One of the most popular 80s icons was Madonna. You can easily recreate her look with a short blonde wig, fishnet stockings, lace gloves, and a black bustier or corset. Don't forget the red lipstick carry with your elegancy.
• Valley Girl Costume: Valley girls were all the rage in the 1980s. To get this look, start with a baby doll dress or miniskirt adorned with lace or frills. Add some knee-high socks or tights, as well as some leg warmers in case you want. Finish off the look with big hair, lots of bracelets, and dangly earrings.